Astronomy as a whole is such a compelling topic that there honestly (IMHO) isn’t much that needs to be done on the editorial side to ensure that the topic is “interesting” enough on any given day.
That said, the philosophy at UBNM is that nothing is ever good enough; things can always be done to make a topic or feature better.
Recently, we expanded the astronomy topic to include more about the stars and the universe than ever.
Now, the UBNM ‘astronomy news’ topic includes:
- The latest & greatest astronomy headlines (note: we do this for every topic)
- News video of current events in the field of astronomy (note: we don’t currently do this for all topics)
- The picture of the day, courtesy of NASA (note: this is always awesome)
- A sample of tweets from prominent twitter users in the field of astronomy (note: this can be both informing and surprisingly entertaining)
- Astronomy-focused news that is currently trending on twitter (note: this might be the coolest feature of all, other than the NASA photo of the day)
If you haven’t already added astronomy as one of your topics to follow, now might be a good time to try it out. Simple visit your account page and add astronomy.
As always, feel free to contact us with any questions, comments or other feedback. Happy reading!